Preserving the USS Olympia - a Protected Cruiser

The USS Olympia, which fought in the Spanish American War of 1898 has been preserved and is a valuable piece of US maritime history. Unfortunately, Olympia needs $10-15 million in repairs to keep her a viable museum for years to come. She has not been out of water for approximately 40 years. If you have connections or resources to help, please contact me at 612-599-1935 or bdskon@fedex.com.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day - Remember Hero's far and near, history and current.

Pentago Memorial looking back at US Air Force Memorial - I took this on 5/19/2011

From US Air Force Memorial, looking over to Arlington National Cememtary (my photo on 5/19/2011)

PCU Arlington - US Navy Photo

The battlefields of Yorktown
British trenches in foreground, American trenches across the field (my photo, 5/20/2011)

Moore House
Where Cornwallis surrendered to Washington, effectively ending the Revolutionary War
This is where our great grand experiment of Democracy began
Much sacrifice has been required since then (my photo, 5/20/2011)

Commissioning Day CVN 77 (my photo)

From the Chapel at the American Cemetary in Normandy (my photo)

Missing Man Formation, US Air Force Memorial (my photo, 5/19/2011)

Murderers Row Ulthiti (US Navy Photo)

CVN 65 left, CVN77 right
Oldest and Newest Carriers - now serving in the 5th and 6th Fleets
USS Bataan LHD 5 is LHD on the left (US Navy Photo)

Inscription of US Army Air Corps Sergeant (my photo 5/19/2011)

Point Du Hoc - Normandy, France (my photo)

US Navy Blue Angels - Representing the best of the best (US Navy Photo)

USS Minnesota BB 22 - high speed run, builders trials (US Navy Photo)

US Navy Drill Team (US Navy Photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment